Thursday, June 28, 2012

A work-in-progress...comes to light

...and where there is light, there are 'joyous echos of heavenly host singing'. Say what? Not you? Ok. Maybe only me.....

So I am on roll this week. I have steadily been drawing everyday and night. I am liking this groove I'm on; slow and steady pace. I feel 'the zone', that sweet spot where I feel the pull, the need to create.

This past Tuesday, I started a drawing on an image I had in my mind: Clouds. I allowed my hands and my Spirit to just...draw. As the image of the clouds appeared, I began seeing a tree, floating atop broken mosiac-ish bits of Earth - as the drawing came to life, on the second day, I saw the words, 'Broken Eden'.

'Broken Eden', of course the image is a play on the origins of 'religious man and the lost Eden'. But I think for me, is more about the loss and disconnection of all that makes us a natural being.

The melancholy skies, the dried up tree, and broken bits of earth as parts of it floats away, speaks to a sense of loss. I added the red apple as a symbol of hope, wanting the opposite story to reflect, that the red apple was not the cause of 'the lost of Eden' but hope to reconnect and regain what is inherently part of what we are - the apple itself represents natural wisdom.

I am keen in adding more details to it - one of them, water to the left, bottom of the image. But somehow, I feel the need to move on to the next drawing.

'Broken Eden' will have to rest, afloat awhile....in my head.




My First gallery Show

Monster’s Art of The day: "Broken Eden" (Work-in-Progress)



No comments:

Post a Comment